Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Teaching

A fellow martial art instructor recently sent this by e-mail:

"One of my students upon making black belt was asked if he could name one thing in his character that improved as a function of his training. His response? "I learned that the only reason I have to look down on anyone, is to help them up!" Give me one moment every year like that and I'll be the happiest guy in the world!" - Sid Rubinfeld

I think this is how many of us teaching martial arts feel. We have the ability to teach much more than just physical skills, and as Sid stated, it is one of the greatest feelings to see a student learn, grow, and become a better person through the arts.

We should all strive to live and teach as Sid does, and have students that are learning such lessons.

Thanks for your example Sid!

Alain

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?